If you are looking for recommendations for headsets, audio adapters, or USB-C flash drives, this article summarizes devices the Milo Team has tested. We use many of these ourselves. All are easy to find on Amazon and similar sites.
We add new models and update the information as we test additional accessories.
USB-C Wired Headsets / HeadphonesYou can use most wired headsets and headphones with a USB-C connector, such as Google earbuds. Many simple USB-C headsets/headphones work well, but not all, so try them when you're grouped with other Milos before relying on them working.
- Google Pixel USB-C™ earbuds
- iMangoo USB C Headphones, Type C Earphones for Samsung S21 S22 S23
USB-C-to-3.5mm Adapters and Cables
If you have a favorite wired headset with a 3.5 audio connector at one end, you can use them with Milo if you have the right kind of connector. You can connect many wired headsets/headphones with an audio-to-USB-C connector, for example Apple wired headsets and an Apple connector. Here too you want to test your specific combination: connect with another Milo and verify both people can both talk and hear when the wired solution is in use.
- Apple USB-C to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
- Anker USB C to 3.5mm Audio Adapter, Male to Female Nylon Cable
- Stouchi USB C to 3.5mm Dongle Adapter
- XMOX USB Type C to 3.5mm Female Headphone Jack Adapter
- JSAUX USB Type C to 3.5mm Female Headphone Jack Adapter
- UGREEN USB C to 3.5mm Audio Adapter Type C to Headphone Aux Jack Dongle
- Ailun USB C to 3.5mm Hi-Res Audio Adapter
- UGREEN USB C to 3.5mm Audio Adapter Hi-Fi Stereo Type C to Aux Headphone Male Cord
- JSAUX USB C to 3.5mm Audio Aux Cable 3.3ft, USB Type C to 3.5mm Headphone Cord
For Bluetooth headsets/headphones, we recommend Shokz OpenRun headset (previously AfterShokz Aeropex) - they're great in water. Apple AirPods (gen 2-3 and Pros) also work.
We continue to test additional headsets/headphones so we can expand that list over time. See the complete list here: Third party accessories
NOTE: Currently, Milo still uses its built-in microphones even when you use a headset that has its own mic. In a future release, we'll add the option to use either the Milo mics or the external mic.
- Shokz OpenRun
- (previously branded AfterShokz Aeropex)
- Apple AirPods
- 2nd generation (2019). Model number: A2032, A2031
- 3rd generation (2021). Model number: A2565, A2564
- Apple AirPods Pro
- 1st generation (2019). Model number: A2084, A2083
- 2nd generation (2022). Model number: A2931, A2699, A2698
USB-C Flash Drives
The following USB-C flash drives have been tested for the Milo update process
- SanDisk SanDisk Dual USB Drive
- USB-C and A, 128GB
- SanDisk Ultra Dual Drive Go
- USB-C and A, 32GB
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C
- USB-C and A, 64GB / 256GB
- Kingston DataTraveler Max
- USB-C, 256GB / 1TB
- Kingston DataTraveler 70
- USB-C, 64GB / 256GB
- Kingston DataTraveler 80
- USB-C, 64GB / 256GB